Except assignment, i would like to express what i feel in this blog.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Radio Nepal( memoriable moment)

I have seen many dreams which comes true and which remains in my dreams only. Among them to visit Sigh Durbar was my childhood dream. I used to ask my mother to led me inside. I grew up mwith a hope that oneday I definitely get a chance to visit. In my college days I requested my teacher at least to visit Radio Nepal but due to the lack of time I missed it. Still I have a hope as my field is linked with it. Tuesday Nirmala sir told that tomorrow be ready for the field visit in Radio Nepal I was very happy and eagerly waiting for tomorrow. Wednesday I wake up early and told my friends to get ready quickly. Around 11o'clock we moved from KU in a college bus. Finally when we reached I felt a kind of satisfaction.

At first we were taken to Music studio. All were very excited when we saw musical instrument. Some were now busy to play the instrument and some to take photograph. "Music" is the topic for my assignment so I was taking an information from Tika Vandari. Our Ramchandra is also interested in music. Then we moved to Production studio1. Everyone were eagered to host the programe . Nabila and second year sister run a small and interesting program too. In the library we got a chance to meet a popular singer Meera Rana. Even there we wanted photograph and autograph with her no one wanted to missed an oppurnity. All the movies are keept savely.the most interesting thing for me was Rj running a programe. He has his own room no one is there and running with cheerful smile. While I was seeing the programe I was imaging myshelf. Now, I want to work in radio by being Rj. We were taken to an observation room too.
Radio Nepal was established on 1st April 1951. Initially, the transmission covered duration of 4 hours and 30 minutes through a 250 Watt SW transmitter. Over the years, Radio Nepal has strengthened its institutional capacity considerably and diversified itself in terms of programme format, technical efficiency and coverage. Radio Nepal airs programmes on Short Wave, Medium Wave and FM frequencies.
Radio broadcasting is the cheapest and quickest means of mass communications in Nepal. In a mountainous country like Nepal, radio broadcasting has proved to be a very effective medium for disseminating information, educating people and entertaining the masses. Radio Nepal recognizes that its primary obligation is to serve its listeners. It has been providing various programs aimed at creating mass awareness in its attempt to reflect the views of all sections of the society. The people in the hilly areas and many of the remote villages have little or no access to motorable roads nor to any communication and entertainment facilities. Illiteracy being a common feature among the people, little use is made of the newspapers, which have very limited and delayed circulation. Therefore, Radio has been the most suitable means of disseminating information and providing entertainment to masses in Nepal.
Thus, I get a chance to visit Radio Nepal but Sigh Durbar I can see only. No matter in future I will get a chance too.

No comments:

Post a Comment